Above: View north on 48th Avenue toward Pacheco Street on Jan. 2, 1925. Drivers had no worries about finding a parking space back then. Fire Chief Dennis Sullivan’s beach cottage is on the left. Located at 1984 Great Highway, the cottage was built in 1905. Photo courtesy of a private collector/Western Neighborhoods Project/OpenSFHistory.
Below: The same view 97 years later. An apartment building has taken over Sullivan’s cottage location. Today, drivers have fewer available curb spots for parking and a lot more stops signs. Photo by Michael Durand.
Categories: Then and Now
Leave a Reply