Below: This is the view looking west from Parnassus and Fifth avenues in 1948. Back then, the Muni 6-Line streetcar (#159) was in service. Photo courtesy of a private collector/Western Neighborhoods Project/OpenSFHistory.
Above: The same view 68 years later on a foggy summer day, July 30, 2022, shows the streetcar rails are gone – today, riders need to walk down the hill to Irving Street to catch the N-Judah streetcar. Photo by Michael Durand.
Categories: Then and Now