Below: The view north across Geary Boulevard from Arguello Boulevard, January 1947. The Larkins Building (the former Park and Ocean Railroad Co. Geary Street Carbarn), with signage for T.F. Ormand Dodge and Plymouth dealer at left, Roosevelt Junior High School at right. Auto traffic and a Municipal Railway (Muni) B-Geary streetcar can be seen crossing the intersection. Notice the birdcage traffic signal. Photo courtesy of a private collector/Western Neighborhoods Project/OpenSFHistory.
Above: This photo, taken on Feb. 17, shows the school is still there. It is now called Roosevelt Middle School. The building on the left now houses an Office Depot. A Muni 38-Geary bus crosses the intersection of Geary and Arguello boulevards heading east. Photo by Michael Durand.
Categories: Then and Now