Above: In 1950, the Parkside Branch Library at 1200 Taraval St. was under construction. It was the first of eight Modern-style city branches constructed by the architectural firm of Appleton and Wolfard between 1951 and 1966. Photo courtesy of a private collector/Western Neighborhoods Project/OpenSFHistory.
Below: The Parkside Branch of the San Francisco Public Library from a similar angle as the picture above, 72 years later. So often, cars tell the story of how our world changes over time. Also, a closer look will reveal a view of Sutro Tower. This picture was taken on Feb. 1, 2022. Photo by Michael Durand.
Categories: Then and Now