On Tuesday, March 19, 12:30-3:30 p.m., San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD), in collaboration with Community Youth Center, Agape Community Center and Golden Gate Church, will hold a Community Safety Fair for members of the public.
The fair will include Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness Education materials, demonstrations, and answers to inspection questions. SFFD EMS members will teach hands-only CPR and SFFD Recruitment team will be available to answer questions related to the department’s hiring process. Free smoke detectors will be available while supplies last to SF homeowners.
- 12:30 – 1:15 PM – Opening and Fire Fighter Recruitment and NERT Presentations
- 1:45 – 2:45 PM – Fire prevention presentation
- Agape Community Center, 378 18th Ave.
- Jonathan Baxter, San Francisco Fire Public InformationOfficer
- Inspector Tomie Kato, San Francisco Bureau of FirePrevention
- Recruitment Officer Keith Baraka, Division ofTraining
- Paramedics from the SFFD EMSDivision
- SFFD Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) Members for DisasterPreparedness
- Department of Emergency Management for Disaster Preparedness and 911 call center information.
- San Francisco Police Department A.L.E.R.T. Program
- Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
- City College of San Francisco Fire Science students
- Community Youth Center to table Seismic Safety information and resources.
- Live fire extinguisher demonstration allowing for the participation of the attendees.
- Fire Prevention Safety Handouts from NFPA, including creating an escape plan in your home and workplace, fire extinguisher information and tips, such as the PASS acronym.
- An ambulance will be available to look at and walk through with EMS staff.
- A fire engine will be present to look at and walk through with Suppression staff.
- Jonathan Baxter, San Francisco Fire Department: firstname.lastname@example.org