This photograph, circa 1907, shows Sweeney’s observatory on the top of Strawberry Hill in Golden Gate Park after it was destroyed by the massive earthquake that hit the City in April, 1906. The observatory was constructed as a part of the 1894 Mid-winter Exposition that was held in the park. Strawberry Hill, located in the middle of Stow Lake, is the tallest point in the park.
Wilson is part owner and manager of the Streamline Cafe and Art Salon, which is located on Taraval Street in the Outer Sunset District. He and fellow owner Dion Garcia both manage the cafe.
Letters to the editor of the Sunset Beacon newspaper.
The SF School Board voted unanimously in December to rename a conference room at Lowell High School in honor of Lisa Clay, a long-time president of the Lowell Alumni Association. It will be called the Lisa Clay Parent Conference Room.
Congregation Beth Israel Judea, in partnership with the National Council of Jewish Women San Francisco, is hosting an art gallery, featuring fine art from the Holy Land.
Due to a broken boiler at the Charlie Sava Pool, the remainder of the pool’s winter session classes and recreation swims have been cancelled.