Concerts performed by the Golden Gate Park Band are free of charge and take place at the Spreckels Temple of Music, located at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.
Robert Calonico is the band’s conductor. Regular Sunday concerts start at 1 p.m.
All concerts feature the music of specific nationalities or cultures.
This season’s remaining concerts are:
- Aug. 5 – Special program honoring NERT and CERT volunteers;
- Aug. 12 – program TBA;
- Aug. 19 – St. Steven’s Day celebration of Hungarian culture; Aug. 26 – Ukrainian cultural celebration;
- Sept. 2 – TBA;
- Sept. 3 – Labor Day Celebration: Tribute to the American worker;
- Sept. 9 – (no concert);
- Sept. 16 – Robert Emmett Day – Irish song, dance and more;
- Sept. 23 – all Spanish music and dance;
- Sept. 30 – program TBA;
- Oct. 7 – Season finale, program TBA.
For more information about the band or upcoming concerts, go to the website at www.Goldengateparkband.org or call (415) 831-5500.
Categories: Golden Gate Park
Leave a Reply